Pregnancy is weird, right? I mean, something just starts growing inside you one day, and doing strange things to you.
So it’s little wonder that some people tend to go off the deep end when they get knocked up.
You’ll find a lot of people add some really strange behavior to their days, whether they mean to or not.
It’s a long time 9 months, so it really gives you time to find out how strange of a personality you really have. Oh, and to buy baby clothes. Lots and lots of baby clothes. Too many baby clothes, really.
You might as well dive in with the weird stuff right off the bat! So pay attention, if you ever find yourself pregnant, here are those odd things that everyone accepts as normal… but they’re odd.
1. You take a picture of your at-home pregnancy test and message it to someone
Sheesh, who needs to see a little blue stick that you just took a pee all over? Nobody, that’s who! And yet you send one anyway! Well thanks!
2. And then you find a perfect spot to stash it because you want to keep it in your memory box forever
Because when you’re going through some stuff in a few decades’ time, there’s nothing that’ll bring back those memories like a blue and white plastic stick that smells faintly of urine. Good times!
3. And you immediately download one of those countdown apps telling you which fruit or veggie represents the current size of your baby
They’re always the size of such weird things! Who would ever compare anything else to the size of a dill pickle other than an unborn baby? How strange!
4. You try really hard to keep your pregnancy a secret and fail miserably
Oh you’ve suddenly given up drinking and you’ve brought your own decaf coffee around to my house in case I didn’t have any. What could POSSIBLY be going on!?
5. You start blaming everything on baby brain pretty much immediately
Listen sister, just because you’ve got a bun in the oven doesn’t mean you suddenly drop 37 IQ points. Because even though you forgot pretty much everything else, you didn’t forget to tell me your baby is the size of a peach stone this morning!
6. So obviously you then start using pregnancy as an excuse to get out of things you don’t want to do… ANYTHING you don’t want to do!
No, just because you’re two minutes pregnant doesn’t mean I should do the dishes instead of you… no I will not think of the baby!
7. And you swear you can tell who your baby looks like from the ultrasound photo
He has his mommy’s eyes? Hey, first up, they haven’t even told you the gender yet, and second of all, he or she definitely doesn’t have any eyes at all yet!
8. You buy every baby book you can get your pregnant hands on and you read them all cover to cover
So what if they all contradict each other! With baby brain like yours, you’ll probably have forgotten every bit of advice by the time you finish the book!
9. If you’re reading up on this stuff, you’ve got to make sure your partner is too, right?
So what if he doesn’t have to push a baby out of himself, you’ve got to make sure you’re both on the same level of neuroticism!
10. You sign up for about a million pregnancy email newsletters
Try unsubscribing from THAT down the line when you’re up to your eyes in diapers and still being reminded to do pelvic floor exercises every other day!
11. You suddenly become a hot sobbing mess when you see baby product commercials on TV
Or really ANY kind of commercial on TV… look at that family! They look so happy and care free frolicking in that meadow! And apparently their clothes are so soft and smell amazing!
12. Now every single name you hear in everyday life starts getting added to your list of potential baby names
It’s only when you come across somebody really annoying, or a name that an angry mom is hollering across the Best Buy parking lot, that one gets crossed out.
13. You go to Target to ogle all of the itty-bitty baby stuff
Oh my gosh look at the size of these teeny tiny baby socks! They’re so teeny and yet so tiny!
14. And your social media feeds become very different places
Relatable mom memes? Check. Inspirational mom memes? Check. Pregnancy Instagram accounts? Yep! And of course you pin every single baby-related thing you’ve ever seen on Pinterest.
Did you find any of these relatable? Maybe a little TOO relatable and that’s just made you cry… well, anyways, let us know with a COMMENT! If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to SHARE it with your friends and family!